Monday, June 1, 2009

My first podcast!! Woot Woot!

Hi! So this is my first experience with podcasting and I had a lot of fun doing this. Podcasting is an audio recording. It can serve many purposes including (but not limited to) sharing recipes and original stories, voicing thoughts, and completing school assignments. It is useful because it is an opportunity to learn more about today's technology. It is universal and almost instantaneous. It yet another form of self expression.
My personal experience with podcasting was a rocky one. I decided I wanted to try and do it all on my own. After a few hours I decided to look at the Podcasting 101 link posted under module 3. This link was immensely helpful. As it turns out I had missed a crucial step in the beginning and could not proceed any further than I already had. I fixed the mistake and it was smooth sailing from there. Another thing that made this project difficult (besides my stubbornness) was the fact that I have zero music on my computer. I'm not a fan of downloading and my CD player fell out of my computer making it difficult to burn music from CDs. So I took a song my boyfriend sent to me just a few days ago and created my own music for my podcast. This was extremely gratifying and not nearly as difficult as I had imagined.

Here is the link to my podcast! ((I created it on podbean as suggested by a classmate and I hope, hope, hope it works!))
M-M-My First Podcast

My only suggestion is to take your time. Look at the helpful links and videos and follow the instructions given. It really does help. Scouts honor. (I've never been a scout... but it does help!) Try and have music on your computer before you attack this project... If you don't, don't worry about it. It's not the end of the world. You can make your own music. =] Find a song. Find a part you like if you don't like the whole piece. Copy and paste it in a way that you like and make it a song. and BAM! you're a music maker.

5 comments:

  1. Monkey bread = delicious! Thanks for sharing! I don't have a receipe for it either so I may just need to try yours! Sounds delicious. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had monkey bread before, but it sounds really yummy. I think you did a great job describing all of the steps. It's really cool that you made your own background music for your podcast. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! I love love love monkey bread!!! And your music sounds awesome!! I did mine at school on a mac (Which I've never used before) and apparently its not compatable with my computer soo UGH idk what I'm gonna do! Neways yours was awesome! I think I will definatly be making monkey bread again SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! Not everybody knows how to make that and I have never heard of it before. It must be great to eat in the morning. Keep it up, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MHM! THAT SOUNDS DELICIOUS!! Thanks for sharing your recipe I think I will make that as soon as I get home!!
    Yum
    SArah

    ReplyDelete